Poly Vi Sol Question

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chickaroo!, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Can someone tell me what symptoms a chicken might have that you could use Poly Vi Sol to help?

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I think just about any illness or weakness that gets a bird rundown would be helped by the vitamins. I'm not sure, but I think it comes with and without iron. I would use the kind without iron because I don't know the effect of too much iron in chickens. I think the regular without iron is similar to poultry vitamins. I think people use polyvisol because it is so easy to get.

3. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    I'm wondering if the poly vi sol is used straight out of the bottle or mixed with a little water?

I'll try that if we have any Black Spanish hatchlings have difficulties this time.

Thanks,
    David

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    When I first saw this, I thought it was in Spanish! That is terrible because I'm taking Spanish, and understandably, failing it.... [​IMG]

5. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    poly vi sol is safe to give straight from the bottle.

6. mandomama

mandomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    corvallis oregon
    Where to people get Poly Vi Sol. I've looked by the formula, but I couldnt find it. Could someone post a picture of what the package looks like?

7. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    poly vi sol is a baby(human baby) vitamin. Sold in any supermarket, walmart, target, k-mart or any other such store in the vitamin section. Once you find it, you will see how easy it is to get. Also look in the baby sections of these stores.

8. mandomama

mandomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    corvallis oregon
    I'll check the vitamin section. I must be dense. I havent been able to find it, but it has to be there!

9. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I have seen it in the vitamin section of our local Wal-Mart.

10. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I got it at Wal-Mart as well. It's talked about so much on this site, that I thought it might be something good to have on hand.
    Wonder if it would do anything for my hen that keeps doing that gaping thing? I know it's not gapewrom because I had the vet check for it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by