Poly Vi Sol "with Iron"

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Plain_View_Farm, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    I've read a number of people giving Poly Vi Sol to ailing chicks.

"knock wood" none of our latest hatch is doing poorly, but I thought I'd have a bottle handy if I ever do encounter a problem in the future. 12 Black Spanish Turkeys in the brooder at the moment and more in the bater. [​IMG]

All I can find is the Poly Vi Sol with Iron. I've tried to search in the forum about the Iron content being ok or not and some say not. I also replied to a post on the subject with no factual replies.

Does anyone here use it with Iron or is that not a good thing?

Thanks,
    David & Ann

2. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    I'm bumping this up as we have 1 turkey that isn't as active as the rest. [​IMG]
    He kinda lays there and spins in circles with his feet but occasionally gets himself up on his feet. Then he sits with his beak slowly drooping towards the bottom of the box till it rests there eventually falling over.

If I don't receive a negative reply today I will try the one with iron.

Thanks,
    David & Ann

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I don't know if they even make it "without" Iron. It is used in infants just for that purpose most of the time. I say go ahead and use it. But only 1 time a day and you may just want to add it to the water. You can also give them unflavored pediolyte (sp)
    to help give them a boost. Goodluck!!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I only use the kind without iron.....I had to look awhile to find it.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I keep a bottle on hand too and mine doesn't have iron...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by