pond leak :((

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Billy-jean, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Billy-jean

Billy-jean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    Hi all,
    I built my ducks a nice pond last summer in their yard,it's been awesome and so easy to keep clean..anyways I went out this am to see that there is a small leak in it and there's no way I can find out where.It slowly has been lowering so the leak can't be that big...however,we have tons of sand and I was wondering if I could lay down sand on the bottom of the pond,hopefully it will block the hole and possibly stop the leak?? Anyone have this same thing happen,and is there an easier solution than pulling up the entire liner and redoing it? :( Think sand might stop the leak?

2. dennin7418

dennin7418 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2012
    Sterling, MA
    I'd let it leak out on its own....if the level stops falling then you know the leak is above that point so maybe you can find it. Are you sure the ducks are just spilling all the water out?'

sand probably wouldn't work....clay might or some sort of epoxy certainly would

3. Billy-jean

Billy-jean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    the pond is level to the ground,,so it's not being spilled out , but it does stop at a point..I will double check,,we have clay here all around,can use that I suppose.

4. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    I would let it leak as far as it will , you can find the leak then I would caulk is or patch it with some rubber sheeting and something waterproof.

5. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Yep, let it leak until it stops and then you know the level where your leak is and then you can being the process of actually finding it and fixing it.

6. fishpondcoating

fishpondcoating Just Hatched

Mar 29, 2017
    Shelton Connecticut USA
    The easiest solution for pond leak is pondpro2000 pond coating. Pond coating is to protect the pond from leaks and damages. It becomes a shield between water and pond and secures it from all extreme weather or temperature worst conditions. Hope it will help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by