Poo not right.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by packmomma, May 14, 2009.

1. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    I have 10 6 week old chicks..one of them has what I guess is diarrhea. Its all dark brown and looks kinda like runny chocolate pudding. Problem is I dont know what chick and I thought at first it was because of the change from totally feed fed..to let out in the yard. This chick has had it for at least a week and half and it hasnt gotten better. Is there something I can give the chick to stop it? I'll sit there and find the chick. All seem to be eating and none are looking like they are losing weight or resting all the time. I have a feeling it is one of my black australorps. The spots I see arent a lot so it looks like only one chicken is affected. Got any ideas? Would antibiotic help? They sell a bottle at the feed store for scaly leg and other things I can't remember. They are still on the chick starter by the way.

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    Wow that is some good poo pictures. None really look like that though. I guess I will sit this weekend and watch each poo and see if all are normal. It just takes a while for all of them to poo. If all poo at least one normal then I wont worry..otherwise I will grab the one and put her separate and see if any normal comes along. They are on medicated feed.

I didnt realize that intestines cleaned out and all that..hm..intresting. learn something new everyday!!

By the way the secretary where I work walked by the computer as I'm looking at those pictures and said, " What the heck are you looking at??!!!!" lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by