1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

poo question...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by charlotteda, Mar 28, 2009.

1. charlotteda

charlotteda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Pickens SC
    As if my husband didnt already think I was a nut when I said I wanted to become a beekeeper [​IMG]

Now I am discussing chicken poo... I have a question. My BR chicks are about 9 weeks old...all doing well. I have noticed that "somebody" I dont know who has a reddish, watery poo. I wouldnt really call it bloody just a reddish slurry while most of the others do NOT. I have thought that it was just a result of somebody beeing a pig over snacks but now I wonder.

Do I feed medicated food ? I think so but am not sure... I was out of food and picked up a bag a Tractor Supply... it was a grower finisher and I honestly cant remember if it was medicated but I think so .

any ideas ?

charlotte

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Grower/Finisher probably isn't medicated. I don't know the answers to the rest of your query, but that much I'm pretty sure of.

Good luck!

Is anyone acting sick? Eating/drinking/frisky?

3. charlotteda

charlotteda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Pickens SC
    Everybody seems fine...active and not sickly

4. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    You may want to switch back to the chick starter for another bag's worth (how many birds do you have?) and save the finisher for when they're a bit older.

I know they told me to feed starter until my pullets were around 16 weeks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by