Pooey Butt - Older Pullet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Stacykins, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    A bit of an gross question, but do you guys know if a chicken can have a chronic case of poopy butt? The 14 week araucana pullet didn't have any issues until her adult feathers began to come in. No others have this problem, just her. I keep having to clean her off and keep her bum feathers/fluff trimmed away, or else she'll become filthy and have a lot of poop buildup. I think she is almost enjoying her bathing in the sink with the warm water, 'cause she just stands there while I clean her off, even though there is ample escape room. And she falls asleep while bundled in a towel to dry off afterward. Do you think this will just be a lifelong routine for her or should it resolve eventually?

2. chickschool

chickschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    I have no idea but that is so funny. [​IMG] I if your hen is anything like my spoiled girls she is simply enjoying the bath, cuddles and attention. [​IMG] Good luck.

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I wish she'd enjoy the bath without the need to clean off accumulated poo on her rump [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by