Pooh in jail :(

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Sep 7, 2008.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Pooh is recuperating nicely in her dining room coop.
    [​IMG]

She's a smidge cranky about the enforced solitude, but the room service goes a long way to helping her feel better. She had a lovely cucumber (and antibiotic) puree for breakfast and a cricket from the garden as a mid-morning snack.

[​IMG]
    If you look closely you can see her nekkid plucked side right under her wing. Everything seems to be healing up nicely.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Oh, poor baby and... not so poor baby![​IMG]

I hope she heals well and fast. You're such a good mommy.

3. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yeah, I wish I got room service/breakfast in bed when I was feeling poorly. Rotten little chicken. [​IMG]

I put a demo egg in there for her to ponder. Her face has gotten all red in the last week or so. At 17 weeks we are on the early side for eggs, but since she has now cost a kazillion dollars at the vet she better start popping them out sooner rather than later AND they better be GOLDEN eggs. Forget the blue or green. Those suckers better be solid gold.

She is can hear the roosters crow and can see the others through her window. All morning she has been clucking and muttering under her breath. If she had opposable thumbs and could figure out the latch, she'd give up the room service in a heart beat.

The things we do for the chickens...
    [​IMG]

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Did she have a crop surgery? I must have missed what happened to her!

5. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Pooh decided to visit the dogs in the fenced backyard, proving that the chickens can indeed get through that fence. They cornered her and before she could get back out they ripped a gash in her side. Thankfully she lived. One very expensive vet trip later, Pooh is stitched up and in confinement for a bit. By all appearances she's doing great!

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am glad to hear that she is doing so much better. I wish I got that kind of attention around here when I was under the weather!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  7. injunjoe

injunjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    HA, Injunjoe!! [​IMG]
    Don't give her any ideas. She's already banging her tin cup against the bars in protest. I swear she's running her beak along the metal. AND she's banging the food bowl around AND she's shredding the newspaper. On top of that there is a steady stream of chicken cursing coming from the kennel. She's grumbling under her breath and bok-boking all day. Every now and then it's loud enough that I go see what's up. Not a thing. She is always just standing there staring at me. Ingrate.

[​IMG]

9. injunjoe

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    Let her have a chat with Cotton!

10. injunjoe

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    A quick look at your site was cool.
    Some great pictures, love the cat on the feeder shots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by