Pool frame pen?

crc310

Songster
Feb 25, 2013
Michigan

I've heard of using trampoline frame for a chicken tractor. Has anyone had any experience with making a run/ pen with a metal pool frame?

I thought about the trampoline thing, but backed out on that because it would be cruel to my children who have always wanted one of them. They would always resent that I bought one for the birds and not them. lol I don't see how it wouldn't work just as well. If you try it post pics! I am trying to figure out how to make a chicken tractor that looks like a tipi. haha

I'm not familiar with pool frames, but if it has a circumference frame on both the top and bottom, it would work much like a pvc run. Just be aware that you will need to either bury or go out 2' with hardware cloth to prevent predators from going under the frame. I gave a link to the article about the pvc that has a picture if you scroll down. Their instructions would probably work as well if needed. I will give you a work of caution- make the door man size if you possibly can. I either scrape my back or trip on the wire on mine all the time. Aside from that I love it. So it should make a great run.

http://www.utm.edu/departments/cece/idea/mopens.shtml

Back
Top Bottom