Pool hog (video)

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Going Bhonkers, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    Just wanted to share a little vid I took of April & Nine today at their pools. Nine (gander) is a little bratty-pants and likes to claim both pools; he'll leave the one he's in to get into the pool April is in just to kick her out. He and April do this little routine of going from pool to pool.
    In time for the holiday season, April & Nine stop battling over pools and learn that sharing is caring.

(its just too bad that they'll forget this the next time their pools get a fresh water change [​IMG])

Edited to add: Sorry for the grainy picture, I took the vid on my phone. It looked WAY better in a smaller player on my computer.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    ha ha ha, thanks for sharing!

3. Going Bhonkers

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    [​IMG]

4. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    So cute! They shared the pool in the end. [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That is so cute. I love your pool set up, what are the pools" cement mixing tubs? ?

6. Going Bhonkers

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    They're 55 gallon tubs. A lot of commercial places use them for different uses, some are sold as rain barrels. We got ours from a car wash place (they were used to store the soap) and just cut one in half and sanded down the edges. My mom had the idea of digging a hole in the grass and putting the barrel halves inside, so it would be easier for the geese to get in. Some people have them above ground and put steps.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    What a great idea, I have a 55 gal barrel sitting waiting for my dh to set up to catch rain water, I think I have changed my mind on it's purpose now though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by