Pools in the winter?

I was just standing outside emptying the pool out with our Siphon hose Thinking the same thing...
I'm putting a drain in the bottom of the pool in the next day or two!!

Yes I did that here’s some advice make it in the corner We made ours in the middle like an idiot and so here I am leaning my pool one way then the other then the other etc ...... four hours later. .... it was easier bailing the crap

I am no expert on ducks but after watching our ducks take a bath, preening and oiling themselves throughout the winter and staying in beautiful shape I think its important. They free range and use the brook about 6 months a year and when put in the run we use an old green turtle sandbox for a pool. Its rigid enough so I upend it to dump out and big enough to hold 5 ducks at once. We have used same this pool for 8yrs now

We have a black plastic tank with a de-icer in it that only kicks on when temps reach freezing and turns off when it gets above freezing. Worked like a champ last year and it is big enough that we don't have the change the water everyday. Mine would be miserable without their pool.

I give them a pool until it gets butt cold and then they just have to wait until a warm day. I am in Georgia though so it's not like I'm in a super cold zone. It still gets below freezing here though.

We have a black plastic tank with a de-icer in it that only kicks on when temps reach freezing and turns off when it gets above freezing. Worked like a champ last year and it is big enough that we don't have the change the water everyday. Mine would be miserable without their pool.

My pool gets so dirty and gross in a half a day if that so I have to dump it and fill it daily , how do you keep it from getting gross or smelling or stagnating?

Back
Top Bottom