Poooo. I suck at hand turning...

walkswithdog

Crowing
15 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
Okay, I had to switch to carton tilting. I have such stupid hands. I gave it about six turns, attempts... Bah. Every time I came close to making a fatal oops. Fine. I got the cartons back out and in went the eggs.

The last thing I need is to wreck them just trying to keep them viable.

I wave at them now and then. Hi. Be chickens. Be turkeys. Don't learn to scream like the cockatoo - same room.

I wonder if the poor dears can be born deaf. At least I can wear my range headset.

Silly cockatoo.

I am better at hand turning than the cartons.
hmm.png

Isn't that funny, tilting the cartons and propping them is so much easier for me. I was so terrified turning them. This whole hatching thing is such a mix of excitement and terror, it's awfully interesting. I'm cranky at the bator thermostat, still looking for that sweet spot. It's either 99.1 or 100.1

If suspense killed people everyone here would be dead, so I'm taking comfort from you all.

Having blue chicken eggs, brown chicken eggs, and light speckled turkey eggs all in one bator is really fun. The smallest blue egg is next to a turkey egg. Wow it looks fragile.

I so cannot wait...

Quote:
Me too, I seem to 'drop' the carton when I'm trying to set it on the thing I'm propping it up with.

instead of picking them up and turning them, Just roll them !!!!! Thats what I do, cant break them if you never pick them up !!!!

From the title, I assumed this thread was about "turning pooo". As in cleaning the coop.

I thought, "Great - Here's another thing I need to learn that I don't know about".

roll.png

Good luck, WWD.

Oh yes I could. My hands jerk from time to time, due to something called dystonia. I may INTEND to roll gently. Instead I get something approaching using a pool cue on the wee things. BONK! Clank. Scary.

The tilting tray thing is going pretty good, I slide the objects I'm propping them on to the other side, then slide and partially lift the tray onto it again. It never totally leaves the floor of the bator and I don't risk bonking them.

I'm a gimp, I'm used to adjusting what I do to suit my ability. Persistence and experimenting, and I get there. Getting the coop built was a biggy but I got it done. Lots of dropping. A good bit of falling but that's what the dog is for.

Once I finish buying fencing I'll buy a genesis and a turner
smile.png
or two. Or is that three? Addicted much??? Chuckle.

I'm noticing that many people here cannot have too many bators. If I can get good at this I'm going to join that club.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom