Poop Board Design

We made a roosting table.

It's plywood covered with 1/4" rubber mat - like the kind you find at a farm supply store, comes in 30" wide rolls- and you put it over the plywood, then pin it down using a frame for on top.

Then you have the poop falling onto a rubber mat (usually we powder our poop table with Sweet PDZ) where it's at a really easy height to scoop.

I put wheels (casters) on both of my tables for easy moving when it's time to strip the bedding. I made them the full 30" wide (width of the rubber mat), and it's about 8.5" from the roost bars to the table top/mat. This leaves room for hens to move around without that awful "fell off the roost" sound. I did double bars, 6" apart, and it worked out really well. They use the front edge of the table to perch on too, so it's 3 perches in one. On the non-wall side, they'll perch at the front of the tables too.

Food and water containers go FULLY under the roosting table- that table keeps their nightly poop from landing in the feeders and waterers, and increases the useable square footage of your coop - think of roosting tables like a loft.

Chicken Coop Roosting Tables.jpg

We use road signs. Supported by 2x4s They are rust proof and super easy to scrape. We’re adding rollers to slide them in and out easier. Doesn’t really need to roll out but I’m really short so for me it helps.
What type of road signs? Are you talking about the corrugated plastic ones that many companies use for advertising? I ask as my curiosity runs amok:lau

Well I do work for DOT and we’re not supposed to take the old scrap signs but sometimes I work later than the bosses :oops:
But actually I have found them along side of the road ( knocked off or whatever) and I have a habit of picking up roadside goodies. Found them at junco yards and such

I seen a person use tarps for rabbits. They put tarps under the cages and had them running outside into a big tub. Maybe it would work for chicken coops, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom