Poop Board In chicjen house

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Sandy001, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Sandy001

Sandy001 Just Hatched

Oct 15, 2016
    MIddle TN
    This is a picture of the poop board below the roost. I put down 6 mill plastic and then topped with pine shavings. Every two weeks I change the shaving out. All I have to do is remove the plastic and dump the shaves into the wheelbarrow put the plastic back down and put new shaves on the plastic, no more then 5 minutes total time do it this every tow weeks. The girls go out every day into there covered run so the coop floor doesn't get very dirt with poop. There is DE under the plastic for pest control. I have also included a picture of my nest boxes with one of the girls in it. There are rubber shower mates in the nesting boxes with DE under them also topped with pine shavings[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

. The girls ladder I made going up to their roost and one up to their nest boxes. Some times there is a traffic jam at the nest with the girls needing to lay at the same time.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Thanks for posting! The plastic sounds like a great idea! Looks like a happy set up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by