Poop Board/Ledge Measurements

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AngelaClassAct, Sep 23, 2011.

1. AngelaClassAct

AngelaClassAct Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    Hi there - I've been spying your poop board and ledges, and plan to build these for my coop. For those of you that have them, would you be willing to share your measurments and tips? I can see photos all over the site, but I have'nt found any posts with actual measurments. I'm looking specifically for the depth (I want to make sure their butts are actually over the boards), and the placement of the roosting bars over the ledge/board (how far from the edge do you have yours placed?). Also, how high off the ground do you have yours?

Thanks so much!

2. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Angela, got a request via message the other day on same topic. she had seen my page and my set up for roosts w/ poop trays below. Asked for my measurements. Sorry, not my measurements, the dimensions of my set up. Anyway here is waht I did. Roosts are 3' and 5' above the floor. They are 15'' from wall, proberbly could get by with 12". I just wanted to make sure no poop would end up on the walls from a big, fat a**ed bird. Trays are 18" wide approximately 5" below the roosts. You could go lower than that. I was limited on space. Hope that helps. If ya wanna see how it all looks, visit my page. It works for us. Would rather clean the trays than scoop the floor. Just my opinion. good luck
    Erik

3. AngelaClassAct

AngelaClassAct Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    Hey Erik - that was me that asked for your measurements! [​IMG] Thanks for sending them along. I'm hoping to get that up and running in the next week or so!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by