Poop Board suggestions

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Hopefulloflove, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Hopefulloflove

Hopefulloflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Benson, NC
    Ok we are still planning our coop and run. I would like to see your poop boards, lol:D! What have you used for yours and what is your set up!

Thanks in advance!

2. wayne hulgan

wayne hulgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    just building our coop and I am planing on using small storage tubs for mine. my roost is the whole length of the coop and we built a shelve under it that will hold the tubs. the tubs are about 16x32 and 4 will just fit under the roost. the 16 width centered under the roost will be just enough to catch no mater which way the chick roost. just hope they don't like them for nest boxes. I plan on keeping a layer of DE in the bottom to absorb the liquid. maybe someone else will chime in with other ideals

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I used scrap plywood with a thin sheet of masonite type paneling laid on top for easy scraping. I scrape mine daily using a 6" plastic putty knife (into a small bucket). About once a month I slide the paneling piece out so I can hose it off.
    [​IMG]

4. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I got a great idea about using plastic boot trays from another BYC Member. I just attached brackets to the wall and layed the boot trays on top approx 6 inches from the bottom of the 2x4 that I use as the roost. They are very lightweight and easy to clean and I use alot less shavings now [​IMG]

5. Huskeriowa

Huskeriowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    I think I did the same thing that nottingham did. Mine looks like this. Very easy to clean out. Good luck.

[​IMG]

6. Baymen Moe

Baymen Moe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Pembroke, Ma.
    teach and I have similar set ups. Check out my page for mine. Can't say enough about how easy poo management is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by