What do you use? Is it just under your roost? Thanks:D

2. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    just a lg pece of partical board covered with contact paper

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I used a scrap sheet of plywood. But then I lay a sheet of some kind of slick masonite-like paneling on top of that. I scrape daily. But once a month or so I'll slide that paneling piece out and hose it off.
    [​IMG]

4. elmo

elmo Crowing

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Plastic boot trays. The poop doesn't stick much to plastic, and they're light and easy to carry over to the composter to be dumped out. A quick hose down, and they go back into the coop fresh and clean.

Someone here posted the other day that they spotted boot trays at the Dollar Store.

5. Holyhabanero

Holyhabanero In the Brooder

Jan 12, 2010
    Quote:Thanks for the heads up on the boot trays. I just went to the Dollar Tree and picked up a couple of them.

6. jenesis536

jenesis536 Songster

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    I'm glad to see that other Dollar Trees were selling the boot trays! At $1 each, it is worth it!!

7. Little Red Hen Eggs

Little Red Hen Eggs In the Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    Great idea.. I know what I will be getting when I get my coop built.

8. Noymira

Noymira Songster

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Great post, I've been wondering about this for our coop!

9. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

I just spent $3 a piece on boot trays at Fleet Farm. They have already been pooped on, so no bringing them back. Dollar store for sure when they need to be replaced.

I like them very much, though. I put a bit of litter from the floor to make the poop just slide right out.

10. NanaLantana

NanaLantana Chirping

Feb 7, 2011
    Lantana, Florida
    I bought a roll of 20inch by 10ft flashing - made 2 side rails, brought the rails 18 inches apart so the flashing is cupped like a slide in the middle, placed the rails at an angle up under the roost sloping down into a 5gallon bucket. Covered all with chicken wire. I'm a genius! It takes 10 seconds to spray all that poop into the bucket each morning. And is equal to about one flush in the house. I might get the time to take a photo of it one day and post it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: