poop board

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by erlibrd, Nov 5, 2011.

1. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    We just added a poop board today! I can't wait to see if it works at keeping the floor cleaner. I hope i built it right, if they face the wall to roost the poop will hit the floor instead of landing on the poop board, but if i made it deeper they wouldn't be able to jump/ fly onto the roost right? usually they face the door not the wall so hoping it'll do the job right [​IMG]

2. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    what the heck is a poop board. Pictures please.

3. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Wow, Guys do your homework! A poop board is anything to catch the poop all chickens produce when they are sleeping. Keeps the poop off the floor. Suggest you read more posts...learn from other chicken raisers...then ask the qustions. Not trying to be ugly, but the same questions keep coming up.!!!!!!!
    Read the "Past Posts" folks, get an idea? good luck to all
    Erik

4. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    and the other side of that coin is that the same questions being asked again keeps the board fresh and alive. The same old questions being asked by new members may get answered by another new member, which adds a new perspective, otherwise the board is nothing more than a stale database of outdated information. Also I don't know if you've noticed but the search feature on here leaves a lot to be desired.

1 person likes this.
  5. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    Thank you hammond egger. Yes the search leave alot to be desired and with 2 small kids I don't have time to search for 2 hours about stuff that I could just ask to see pictures about. I am not new to chickens, but have never heard or seen a poop board before. If you have and are sick of the questions don't click on the poop board topic link.

6. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    Poop boards are great!!! We use them in both coops with feed and water placed under them. Saves coop space and helps tremendously with keeping the coop cleaner.

7. greenriver

greenriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Wilmington, Il
    I am building a new area for my chickens and need ideas....pictures please.

8. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Quote:x's2

9. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I'll bite. Here's my poop board, which doubles as a protector of the food:
    [​IMG]

I have a similar one in the other side of the coop, and in winter I put the heated water dish under it.

10. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote:I have noticed. It would be helpful if you could organize the results by date/most recent at the very least.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by