1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

poop butt

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sesplus2, Feb 17, 2016.

1. sesplus2

sesplus2 New Egg

Feb 17, 2016
    This is my first flock so I'm not sure what's going on. I got my first 6 chicks that hatched in April. My NH Red has had a yucky butt starting when they began free ranging all over the yard. I've tried deworming using pumpkin seeds.......NOTHING. I've also done probiotics in their water for yeast........NOTHING. None of the others have this issue and they've all been together since I got them. Just curious what I should do next? She is saying randomly and I believe she thinks she'd a rooster mounting half of the girls. What
    should I do next? Thanks in advance. Here's a poop pic!

[​IMG]

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    Her poop looks very watery some of mine poop like that but goes back to normal.
    As long as your bird is acting normal and there are no worms in her poop you don't really have to worry.
    Watery poop sticks to their butts when they have a fluffy butt.
    I have a hen named Baby who has always had a poopy butt I can't get it off but she acts normal

3. sesplus2

sesplus2 New Egg

Feb 17, 2016
    she's always been like this and acts completely normal should I not be worried?

4. BoomChickaPop

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    Sorry be worried but monitor her how has she been lately?

5. sesplus2

sesplus2 New Egg

Feb 17, 2016
    She's her bossy self like always. Her behavior has never changed.

6. BoomChickaPop

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    I am glad she is better
    How is her poop?

7. sesplus2

sesplus2 New Egg

Feb 17, 2016
    She was never acting sick or anything just got a poopy butt and some weird watery poop. I was reading on a site that poopy butt means unhealthy bird. I haven't noticed any loose poops lately but they won't free rage on the snow. I only noticed that one because they were trying to come in the house on the back deck! In they coop all the poop seems ok. Just confused why she's the only one with poop feather butt!

8. Hens rule

Hens rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2015
    With my chickens
    Is it very warm where you are. High temps can cause watery poop.

9. sesplus2

sesplus2 New Egg

Feb 17, 2016
    No I'm in New Hampshire so its been cold. Well kinda cold, nothing like we usually get in the winter.

10. Hope1122

Hope1122 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2016
    Brunswick Oh
    If she has a fluffy butt it's normal to have a little bit of poop on it. like the other person said soak her butt in warm water to get it off so she doesn't have problems with pooping or laying[​IMG] Hope this helped

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by