Poop issue!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by wyllyschickens, Nov 13, 2014.

1. wyllyschickens

wyllyschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    my chickens have been having very runny poop and I am concerned. I have never seen this before except in the summer when that have been hot. Please help!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello there! Looking at the pics, it doesn't look like anything bad. Believe it or not, there are a lot of different types of poo that is normal for a chicken. Here's a handy link for you to look at. Gross, but I think you'll feel better after you check this out.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

Hope it helps!
    Sharon

1 person likes this.
  3. wyllyschickens

Apr 25, 2014
    Thank you so much! I have seen that website but I thought I would consult the experts. Thank you!

4. wyllyschickens

Apr 25, 2014
    These were the latest poos .... This fist one is really worrying

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. wyllyschickens

Apr 25, 2014
    Does the first one look like coccidiosis???

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

What are your other symptoms in your chickens? All of those poops look a little 'off' to me. When was the last time you wormed your chickens? What did you use?

7. wyllyschickens

Apr 25, 2014
    They are younger still- only 25 weeks old. Other than the fact that they are not laying yet they are acting just fine. Still running around etc. they are eating fine and drinking so not too sure what I should do. I have never wormed my chickens. I didn't know I had to unless they had worms in their stool.
    What should I use? Oh I'm so worried.

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Safeguard for goats is a good choice. Valbazen gets ALL types of worms but is not available everywhere. Round worms are easily seen sometimes in poops. But there are LOTS of worms that are not visible because of where they are located in the chicken's body.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by