Poop on feathers of chicken

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
So one of my chickens has a lot of poop build up on the feathers under her vent while some of my other have minor poop and some have none. They are all 25 weeks old. Does a lot of poop build up on the feathers mean some thing bad? Should I catch her and clean it off?

We have a group of Wyandottes and a couple of them we have to give little butt baths to. I assume it’s just cause they’re so fluffy. We haven’t had the same issue with any of our other chickens.

As long as their droppings look normal, I don’t worry about it. The build up isn’t really even right around the vent, it’s like the poop hits the fluff on its way to the ground. We do clean it off if it builds up too much as I don’t want pests bothering them.

We have a group of Wyandottes and a couple of them we have to give little butt baths to. I assume it’s just cause they’re so fluffy. We haven’t had the same issue with any of our other chickens.

As long as their droppings look normal, I don’t worry about it. The build up isn’t really even right around the vent, it’s like the poop hits the fluff on its way to the ground. We do clean it off if it builds up too much as I don’t want pests bothering them.
Ok I will clean it off

Back
Top Bottom