Poop Out Of The Coop Tools

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CapeReds, Jun 17, 2011.

1. CapeReds

CapeReds Out Of The Brooder

Today I made up a broom on a loooong 10' fiberglass pole to depoop the coop. The idea is that it can be swept right into the wheelbarrow (the coop door is about waist high).

I'm curious to see what other inovations are used for the never ending supply of poop.

Curtis

2. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We just use a hoe-good for scraping dried poo. [​IMG]

3. zengrrl

zengrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Oakland County, MI
    Kityty litter scooper but now that we're in the full sized stand up in coop, I need an extension!

4. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    Home Depot has a flooring tool that is used for separating linoleum from the floor has a blade that is a good 15-16" wide and has some weight to it. It can come in very handy for a clean separation over a large area.... For a smaller area, I hoe can work just fine as well....

5. baldessariclan

baldessariclan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    Plastic-bladed snow shovel -- removes a lot of old bedding quickly, and can also scrape flat surfaces w/out scratching them.

Use a rake in the sand run to make a pile of all the old poop and feathers, and then shovel it into a sift (box or similar w/ screen on bottom) to shake and separate the sand out of the bottom. Poop and etc. left over goes into the compost.

Hose/nozzle is the last "tool" -- take everything out and wash down the walls and floors a couple times a year.

6. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

6 gallon Shopvac with a stick taped to the hose to reach

7. En Plein Air Farms

En Plein Air Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My father in law made this for me, it's about 3.5 foot iron bar with a 12" piece of angle iron welded on.
    Scrapes the daily treasure from under the night roosts right down the angled poopboard into a waiting cat litter bucket, what is left over on the floor, it scrapes neatly into a straight bottom shovel.

8. junkinstuff

junkinstuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    This is one of the only forums I visit where we talk about poop and no body gets mad...... LOL

9. Erin~TheChickenLover

Erin~TheChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Arkansas River Valley
    I put sand under the roosts and scoop the poop out with a kiddy litter scooper. I'm about to build a "sand box" for my laying flock's roosts to make my poop duty easier and to keep the sand from disappearing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by