Poop Out Of The Coop Tools

CapeReds

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Sandwich, MA - Cape Cod
My Coop
My Coop
Today I made up a broom on a loooong 10' fiberglass pole to depoop the coop. The idea is that it can be swept right into the wheelbarrow (the coop door is about waist high).

I'm curious to see what other inovations are used for the never ending supply of poop.

Curtis

We just use a hoe-good for scraping dried poo.
hmm.png

Home Depot has a flooring tool that is used for separating linoleum from the floor has a blade that is a good 15-16" wide and has some weight to it. It can come in very handy for a clean separation over a large area.... For a smaller area, I hoe can work just fine as well....

Plastic-bladed snow shovel -- removes a lot of old bedding quickly, and can also scrape flat surfaces w/out scratching them.

Use a rake in the sand run to make a pile of all the old poop and feathers, and then shovel it into a sift (box or similar w/ screen on bottom) to shake and separate the sand out of the bottom. Poop and etc. left over goes into the compost.

Hose/nozzle is the last "tool" -- take everything out and wash down the walls and floors a couple times a year.

My father in law made this for me, it's about 3.5 foot iron bar with a 12" piece of angle iron welded on.
Scrapes the daily treasure from under the night roosts right down the angled poopboard into a waiting cat litter bucket, what is left over on the floor, it scrapes neatly into a straight bottom shovel.

Back
Top Bottom