Poop pic

CuriousQueen

Songster
Jan 14, 2018
Kansas City, Missouri
EC28B390-9440-408C-9ADB-0EC3D4072982.jpeg It doesn’t look red like blood.
It is more brown with maybe a reddish tint? (Reddish brown)
I had treated for 5 days with liquid corid. Treatment ended about 2 weeks ago. I used 10 ml per gallon of water.
2 of our of 5 chickens have poop that looks like this.
I moved this particular bird inside to monitor closely. Not every poop looks like this.
I ordered some rooster-booster electrolytes with probiotics. I will start that as soon as it comes in.
The chicks are 50 days old.
Any advice is much appreciated.

Did your chicks have Coccidiosis? Did you have a fecal float performed?

The poop in the photo looks like normal Cecal poop to me. It can vary in color and texture - from loose to pudding like, it stinks and is sticky. It can be dark or light. A lot depends on diet and how much water chickens are drinking.

If your chick is exhibiting symptoms of Coccidiosis overload-lethargy, not eating/drinking, fluffed up/huddled appearance, unkempt feathers, loose/runny stool with mucous or blood, then you may need to re-treat with the Corid.

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
I think she is fine then. I’m not noticing any other symptoms. If she begins to act lethargic, I’ll call the vet.
I was hoping it was something that was normal since not every poop looked like that.

View attachment 1439588 It doesn’t look red like blood.
It is more brown with maybe a reddish tint? (Reddish brown)
I had treated for 5 days with liquid corid. Treatment ended about 2 weeks ago. I used 10 ml per gallon of water.
2 of our of 5 chickens have poop that looks like this.
I moved this particular bird inside to monitor closely. Not every poop looks like this.
I ordered some rooster-booster electrolytes with probiotics. I will start that as soon as it comes in.
The chicks are 50 days old.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Definitely a cecal poop. All chickens will have this type of poop at least once a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom