Poop, poop, and more poop!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by earnhardtlvr, Apr 3, 2011.

1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I researched and researched before getting into this peep thing and NO WHERE did I ever read HOW MUCH THESE PEEPS POOP! OMG! [​IMG] I only have 4 little babies right now and I can't imagine the mess when my total climbs to 24 or so! Holy crap...literally! Do they keep this up there entire life?? Please someone tell me it isn't so!! [​IMG]

Well how do u handle them and play with them and bring them into the house if they are POOPING all the time??

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    LOl you got poop machines..all they do while growing is poop and eat. Its like having a baby lol. They slow up a little when adults but I never lack for manure! I compost it and use it on my garden. Fresh it will burn the plants but I compost it all summer and I"m good for the next year.

3. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

Peeps are the biggest little Poop Factories on the planet. It does not get better. At least peep poop is great fertilizer.

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

As adults, their poop will be HUGE. Does that help? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] If you allow them access to your yard, the good news is it will be everywhere; on your walks, porches, decks and lawn? There will hardly be a square foot that doesn't have nice land mine. But at least your shoes and rugs at the back door will also match.

You'll need a genuine manure management plan to dispose of the pooped litter of 24 chickens. It may well approach 1/2 ton per year.
    Hope I've genuinely encouraged you.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The truth will set you free.

5. TajMaChicken

TajMaChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Hernando, MS
    Oh yes! I only have six and Fred is correct it is everywhere! Mine like to come on the deck and stand at the front door just to say hi and leave us a present! [​IMG]

6. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Oh yes, they are kinda poopy. I use a hose with a spray nozzel as full grown buff orps. have poop about the size of a small dog...really...a small dog...

7. allpeepedout

allpeepedout Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That is one of the benefits.[​IMG]

8. chickencrazyinHT

chickencrazyinHT Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    They grow into even bigger poop machines!!

9. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    My girls are in the house. I clean out the brooder 100 times a day and when I bring them out, it's in the kitchen only. I have a roll of toilet paper at hand and clean up after them right away. I have a little plastic dish to scoop the poop next to the brooder.

10. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Boy, do they ever! [​IMG]

We have a similar set-up with a plastic tote that I put all the poo into and it gets taken out to the ever growing compost pile. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by