Poop question!!??

sadies0111

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
Hi, I have six 4 month old pullets that free range a few hours per day. I also have two dogs who love to eat their poop. Yuck! Anyways, I know it is common to have poop-eating dogs, but can they get worms or other diseases from eating the poop? And, I have two young kids who get occasional kisses from the dogs, or feed the dogs treats. Can they pass chicken poop diseases to my kids? Anybody ever have any issues like this, or talked to the vet about this? Thank you.

i hate it when my dog eats chicken poop!! gross!
sickbyc.gif

its probably not the greatest. you can always talk to your kids doctors.?
gross as it sounds, i think its sort of normal. but kissing the dog. well i admit i have in the past. but.....i really shouldnt
sickbyc.gif

If your chickens have worms, your dog will get them. That's why when I worm them once a year during their molt, I always worm the dog too.

And yes, it's possible if the dog got something from the chickens that it could pass it on to your kids. But I wouldn't worry, it's been going on for centuries and we're still here.

Maybe you could try spraying the poop with one of those sprays used to stop dogs from chewing. It might work? :hmm

I don't think I can stop the dogs from eating the poop, as disgusting as that is, but I am concerned about the dogs getting sick, or even getting my kids sick with chicken poop bacteria.

your dog can get wormd that way. I dont know about passing anything to the kids. I worm all the critters on the farm 2x yearlyall at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom