Poop that looks like a tootsie roll

Mjhavelka

Hatching
Nov 17, 2016
Hi all,

I'm totally new to this whole owning quail thing so I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been answered countless times. I have 12 coturnix quails and one of them (maybe more but i don't think so) has poops that come out kinda looking like a melted/melting tootsie roll in color and shape, is it fair to say that it is a "form" of diarrhea? What could be causing this and what might be the best way to go about treating it? I will work towards getting a picture this evening when I clean the cage.

I'm no expert on quail illness so I can't be much help. But here is a site that has lots, and I mean lots, of pictures of chicken poop. Maybe take a look and see if you can find something similar to what you are describing. My quails' poop looks like my chickens' poop, just smaller, so I'm going to assume that you can go by what's normal in a chicken.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

Hi lomine,

Thanks for this! Appreciate the quick response. Based on the photos on that site, looks like my bird(s) is having normal poop. I'll definitely monitor it though for possible changes.

Back
Top Bottom