Poop tower??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by viktoriacl, Jan 21, 2011.

1. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Is it possible that my chickens all poop in the same place on the roost at night??? There is a super tall tower of poop under just one end of the roost. It is hysterical! I dont get it!

2. UrbanGrower

UrbanGrower Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    West Jordan, UT
    Quote:It was board game night, they were playing Jenga.

3. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought it was tetris..

Mine do the same thing... The Pikes Peek of Poo!

4. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Lol...thats funny!! I guess it make clean up easy! Hey how are your girls holding up w/ all this snow??? Did you ever see that loose Aussie again???

5. viktoriacl

Jun 23, 2010
    So what do they do shift over a spot each time they need to poop? Who gives the signal? Too funny! My girls are fine with the snow. They spend all day out in the run. How about yours? No they stay never turned up again. Bummer!

6. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

Happens here too... although right now it is the frozen tower of poop and it's growing since it's frozen on and can't be cleaned up till it thaws out some!

7. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Mine are hating the snow, they refuse to come out in it unless DH has snowblowed the run & I have to put down leaves to keep their feet off the snow!! Silly girls!! & I have one who's been broody for 2 weeks now, she's being very persistant!!

8. viktoriacl

Jun 23, 2010
    My towers are also frozen! I have two now. There are always shavings under the towers so I can just knock them over as they get tall! It's too funny! I still dont understand how they do it? One tower is now frozen on it's side the other is getting taller!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by