Pooping on the porch!!!

KarenP

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Westport
OK, so i have read so many posts on here about chickens pooping on the porch and causing a big mess!!! As i read these posts I thought to myself "I wish my chickens would come to my door to see me!!!" Well it happened!! We only let our flock free range if we are outside, so today while i was cleaning the house my DBF went outside to spend time with them. I couldn't believe when i walked by the door and saw them staring at me:) They were looking at me with a look like they were thinking "Why aren't you outside playing with us?" I have to admit I was so excited, so i gave them some treats. I bet you next time i'm not out there they will be at the door waiting for their treats!!! The mess in nothing a little bit of hosing down won't take care of. It worth seeing their cute little faces looking up at me.
love.gif

awwwwwww.... Isn't it great!!! it's like the kids are wanting you to come out and play. makes your heart melt doesnt it? I keep the hose in a bin next to the front door porch and the deck in the back. That way DH never knows they are there.

Um, by the way? that is the FIRST step to a house chicken you know? Wait until you start letting them in to say hi! They will automatically learn where the cupboard is that houses the treat and will go to it the first chance they can get their little beaks in the door!!!! you wait and see!

Hello!!! let us in! we want the muchies!!!!

58585_birdatdoor2.jpg

then, when you think you are under control? WHAM in they come. you are done at that point. Just let 'em in.

58585_9132010_013.jpg

58585_9132010_014.jpg

Quote:
This is the cutest ever!!!! I wanted to take pics of them today, but i got preoccupied cleaning the house. They were at the door watching me!!!

Back
Top Bottom