Pooping stinking green liquid

Annyolive

Chirping
Mar 28, 2020
Not her normal chatty self, but has brighter moments when she joins in with gang

Drinking, but not eating much

Found soaking pellets and giving in saucer of water encouraged her to feed/drink

Have also given her pellets and calci worms smothered in natural yoghurt with Chicken Spice stirred in

And have added wee splash of apple vinegar to their water

Given her a couple of magnesium salts baths as friend thought might help if egg bound

Had thought she was doing watery poop, but cross at idea of bath she did one on sink. Was green stinky liquid

Took her to vet last sat (21st), but they don't really know anything about chickens and just gave pain killer and precautionary antibiotic

Any ideas much appreciated

TBH She first started behaving oddly on mon 16th, but we were going away for a week ... didn't expect her to still be here but she is ...

Currently inside drying off as a bit cold today

Attachments

• 16298996076098281422338657226085.jpg
    16298996076098281422338657226085.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 20
Don’t be shy with poop pictures..ppl here have seen it all..or, mostly all! Best of luck!
Thanks, unfortunately my instant response was to wash it away
I think this was done by her 2 days ago though

Attachments

• 20210822_181807.jpg
    20210822_181807.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
First, I recommend you save this link.

Second, where green, particularly bright green, diarrhea is involved, the diagnosis is never good and often terminal.

I will defer to those better qualified, but its not hopeful. @Eggcessive @azygous can you assist at your earliest convenience?

I hope I'm wrong.
Thanks, have read through the link, but she has none of any other symptons/ signs listed and ( in common with stuff I'd researched before) should have died already

It is very odd

Is she drinking fluids and eating today? Green poop shows that she has not been eating enough. A lot of white urates could mean that she is dehydrated. How does her crop feel—empty and flat in her right chest, full, hard, or puffy? Is her tail up or down? I would try feeding her watery chicken feed and scrambled egg, but water is most important. Hold it up to her beak to drink out of a scoop or cup. Has she been laying normal eggs recently? Have you had any coccidiosis or other illnesses in the flock?

Is she drinking fluids and eating today? Green poop shows that she has not been eating enough. A lot of white urates could mean that she is dehydrated. How does her crop feel—empty and flat in her right chest, full, hard, or puffy? Is her tail up or down? I would try feeding her watery chicken feed and scrambled egg, but water is most important. Hold it up to her beak to drink out of a scoop or cup. Has she been laying normal eggs recently? Have you had any coccidiosis or other illnesses in the flock?
Hi
Hydration does seem to be something
Just did our tea and had the end slices of tomatoes spare so took them. She came running out and pecked away enthusiatically
She did same with pieces of melon slice the other day
She's not been laying this week, but they are all a bit rubbish at laying
They consider themselves pets rather than working chickens I fear. We get 1 a day from 4 ( 1 of whom has never laid)
Her tail is up
Everyone else is fine
I am am abject beginner, but will try the crop thing and get back to the thread
Thanks very much for all the pointers x

Back
Top Bottom