pooping WHILE laying??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by farmgirl77, Aug 27, 2010.

1. farmgirl77

farmgirl77 In the Brooder

Sep 10, 2009
    I have a 18mo old BO who poops while laying. Every time.[​IMG] Does this mean something is wrong? Anything I can do?

2. peartreehens

peartreehens In the Brooder

May 10, 2013
    mine BSL has laid 3 eggs so far, and the last two have had this issue! Any thoughts? Anyone???

3. farmgirlroots

farmgirlroots Chirping

Apr 20, 2013
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I was just logging on to research this very thing. Mine are 24 weeks and 4 are laying of my 5. All 4 have laid their eggs in the nest box with no troubles for the last few weeks. Then, today, imagine my surprise when I enter the run to clean it and there lies a nice egg sitting in a nice sized pile of poo! Whoever it is from has not done that before. Would love to know if yours is still doing so? I'm guessing since mine are new layers maybe they are still trying to work the kinks out. Maybe her egg caught her by surprise this time?

4. peartreehens

peartreehens In the Brooder

May 10, 2013
    she hasn't done it for several days--i'm thinking she's getting the hang of laying and not straining so hard . . . ? Here's hoping for no more poop eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by