Poopy butt

KellyAnnBarbato

Chirping
Mar 8, 2022
One of my hens has a very yucky bottom. It does not smell though. I watched her poo and it seemed all liquid. She is kinda being on her own but perks up when I call . I’ve seen her drinking and I think she’s eating. It’s still cold here so I hate to wash her. When I push around on her bottom it feels squishy . Oh and I’m new to chickens!! Thank you

I feed a 17% layer mash, occasionally give meal worms and usually every other day table scraps . I think she has water belly

One of my hens has a very yucky bottom. It does not smell though. I watched her poo and it seemed all liquid. She is kinda being on her own but perks up when I call . I’ve seen her drinking and I think she’s eating. It’s still cold here so I hate to wash her. When I push around on her bottom it feels squishy . Oh and I’m new to chickens!! Thank you
Welcome. I'm a young chicken Mom. I learn so much here. Stay with us because there is so much "chicken wisdom" every day.

I found this idea here & I did it to wash the butt of my chicken: (and after I did,I felt great about helping my girl ! I think you would too.

1. Gestimate amount of warm water to reach butt and dissolve in 1/4 cup plain Epsom Salt in a bucket in the tub.

2. Have a soft towel near by.

3. Place a hairdryer near.

4. Keep room quiet & light dim.

5. Place chicken in bucket. Cover with towel. Soak her 6-8 min. Dry completely with warm, low heat.

Back
Top Bottom