Poopy Feet

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DeeFred, May 6, 2007.

1. DeeFred

DeeFred New Egg

May 6, 2007
    Hi,
    I had to leave my 3 day old babies for 24 hrs. They had food and water but my husband didn't know to change the paper in the bottom of box. They now have poop stuck to their little toes. I tried washing them but it is STUCK!! Almost like it has fused with the skin. Not all of them have this but I don't know what to do. I had them on newspaper but have sinced changed to paper towels and shavings after reading posts here. Thankfully I have no splayed legs.

2. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    You have two choices you can either pick the poop off dry which works but is a little tough on there feeties. Your other choice is to soak each foot in warm water till it is easy to wipe off. I have used both before so it is your choice, I hope you get all of there feeties clean. : )

3. tffstpp

tffstpp Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2007
    williamsport pa
    Soak the foot in warm water for a minute or longer and try to rub the stuff off. I've always been successful using peroxide to help dissolve the poo. If the warm water soak doesn't work, dip the foot in an ounce or so of peroxide for a minute and then alternate between that and the water. That should take it off.

4. DeeFred

DeeFred New Egg

May 6, 2007
    Thank you,
    Clean feet here!! Was able to get it all off, never thought I would be so happy to see little toenails.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by