Poor, Abused, Freezing, NAKED, Ninja Chicken gets a SWEATER!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickensducks&agoose, Oct 19, 2009.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Thank You Magsrags!!!!!!

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Ouch. Poor bird!

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Very becoming!

4. yellowchickensmomma

yellowchickensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    That cute. What happened to her???

5. chickensducks&agoose

She had a weird confrontational relationship with our bad roo, who we sent to freezer camp almost 6 months ago. She just hasn't been re-growing her feathers, though I can see a few new blood feathers coming in now. Anyway, it's cold here (vermont) at night, and I don't want her to be so cold. Magsrags made it to spec., and sent it out SO fast! She may very well have saved Ninja Chicken's life. It's soft fleece on the inside and soft quilted blue on the outside, with snapping velcro straps. She's not quite used to it, as it just came today, but I really think it will help. Now I just have to get her something that will cover her arms too! [​IMG]

6. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
  7. Puck-Puck

Puck-Puck Chillin' With My Peeps

Funny how things go in circles...

The link to romancingtheyarn mentions a BBC spot on a woman who knits sweaters for featherless ex-battery chickens, which I saw early this year...then googled batttery chickens...was disgusted...wondered what I could do to stop taking part in that madness...contemplated raising chickens, but how?...researched and found BYC...just took on someone's extra chickens--who look worse than that!

I was going to post a question to ask if I should make them sweaters, as 5 of the 6 aren't growing feathers, and you beat me to it. Go you! i'll see if I can copy the idea, no disrespect to magsrags but I'm a do-it-yourselfer, and if I can't do it I'll ask magsrags. Winter's coming, and it's hard to fluff up your feathers if you don't have any!

8. chickensducks&agoose

I can glue, screw, string, wrap, staple or saw (with a hand saw), but electric tools and sewing are beyond my scope. I tried sewing class in HS, and ended up somehow breaking all the machines... horrible luck with electric thingys... So anyway, now I'm going to mail magsrags my 2 year old's old raincoat, and we'll have a nice raincoat for Ninja Chicken in a week! I'll post pictures then too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by