Poor Brinsea Customer Service

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Delilah1337, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    So I placed an order for the Brinsea Mini Advanced last thursday, the website said they are Temporarily out of stock until December 12th (Which is today). I called Customer Service to ask if I had made the cut off for this shipment and the lady on the other line was very unprofessional. She didn’t ask my name or anything regarding my order, she pretty much responded as though I had interrupted her television program. When I asked her the direct question “Will I be getting the incubator from the shipment you are getting in today?” she replied “I don’t know, maybe check back at the end of this week or the beginning of next week or something.” What the heck kind of answer is that? She didn’t even pretend to look up anything for me or ask any further questions. I have worked Internet Customer Service before and I have always been able to look up an order and check the status of it, even when the item was on backorder. Now I understand not every company is as tech savvy as my old company but the fact that she didn’t put an ounce of effort in helping me was just wrong. Maybe I caught her at a bad time but I’m very let down and I hope that the incubator does get to me in a timely manner and works properly because I sure as heck don’t want to call Customer Service again.
    Has anyone else had the same experience or anything similar?

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I actually had the exact opposite experience with Brinsea.

I have a mini-advance that needed some repair work done. I went back and forth via email with a rep, and they were so great to work with, even though I didn't have my original receipt. They didn't honor the warranty entirely, but since I had zero proof of purchase to prove anything, I was impressed they worked with me at all.

I mailed it back for repairs and they finished rather quickly and were good about communication.

I really felt like they went above and beyond to keep me happy as a customer, even though I didn't have all of the proof their warranty policy required.

3. KIDDSBANTAMS

KIDDSBANTAMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Lexington
    I have had the same thing with phone service, they are not professional at all. I do have great service via email or there facebook site, I know that sounds crazy but very true. I had a humidity pump issue and after going back and forth with 3 pumps, I placed a comment about it on their facebook site and someone contacted me via email. I received a new working hump that week and it was very professional. Good luck

4. Delilah1337

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Quote:Thank you for the advice, I just put something on their wall. Hopefully I get a response there because I have heard such great things about the company and I would hate to be the one person who got their bad side. I will let you know when/if I hear from them.

5. KIDDSBANTAMS

KIDDSBANTAMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Lexington
    Quote:Thank you for the advice, I just put something on their wall. Hopefully I get a response there because I have heard such great things about the company and I would hate to be the one person who got their bad side. I will let you know when/if I hear from them.

Just in case you get no where with the facebook site, this is a email address of the person that was wonderful working with, you may need it.
    [email protected] <[email protected]>

6. Delilah1337

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I just cancelled my order with them, the incubator was supposed to be available yesterday but when I checked the web site the date had changed to the 19th. Customer service still was very unhelpful. Im pretty upset that I seem to be the only one having this many issues with them. I was looking forward to using their incubator, Looks like Im going to go with the Hovabator I found online, I did research on it and it seems to be a great alternative [​IMG]

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I have heard similar bad stories about Brinsea. I've been debating on which big cabinet bator to buy for awhile now for spring. I have been hatching in a couple of LGs successfully and using broodies. I decided not to go with a Brinsea and will probably get a Sportsman because if I am gonna spend big bucks on something I expect excellent customer service.

8. cielo

cielo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Mattawa, Washington
    Quote:I have an Eco Octogon 20 and a Hovabator 2362n both I got used and both with auto turners. I love them both for different reasons. Some people put down Hovabators but I've been very happy with mine. Good luck. Brinsea should be careful as their poor customer service seems to be costing them money.

9. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Exactly! I have heard MANY stories of Brinsea POOR customer service.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I regret very much getting my Octogon 20 Advance Ex. I've got eggs in it but the temps are unreliable.. and I've been WAITING for another spot check thermometer as the last one didn't even last 8 months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by