Poor business practice!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by froggie71, Nov 4, 2011.

1. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Went to visit my parents with my sister as a surprise last week in Florida. My sister thought it would be neat to go to Margaritaville in Universal's City Walk. According to the website there is a $15 parking fee, but after 6pm it was $3. So we made a reservation for 10/30 at 6:30pm. Upon arrival at the gate there is a sign that says $15 until 8pm and was informed this was due to the Halloween event that was happening. Nothing was posted about this on the website. My parents refused to pay $15 to park to go to the restaurant to eat. They have never even done this at a fine dining restaurant. Disney's Downtown is free parking and they would rather go there any day. It was the principal. So my mom wrote to Univeral about her complaint, stating it was embarrassing to her "out of town" guests, etc. They wrote back with concern and asked her to call them at a certain number as they were unable to reach her at the number she had provided. When she talked to them today she said she spoke to a kid. That they were sorry it wasn't on the website and that would be looked into, but she hopes that next time we would have a nice time. [​IMG] Next time? What next time? Little do they know that my mother has a big mouth, works in a dental office and knows lots of people .......

2. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:[​IMG] Sometimes I wonder what happened to people striving to do the right thing. Seems it si all about the money.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    For them it IS all about the money.

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Reminds of of when I was doing volunteer work at an event, and the parking lot guard was having a hissy fit about volunteers trying not to pay. We'd been well informed that volunteers were NOT required to pay parking since, ya know, they really needed us. I was even wearing the volunteer shirt for my shift. I took the guy's name, paid him, and then talked to the volunteer coordinator. I got my money back, and so did all the other volunteers who were forced to cough up too.

5. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Univeral, Disney World, Epcot...they are not there to give you a break in any sense of the word. As far as good business practices, they are there to take your money and boy, they are really good at that. I agree with you that most fine restraurants will pick up the bill for parking...Not at any of the above named.

6. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    I think our biggest peeve was that they had not updated their website with their advertisement of the price for the holiday event. That is just wrong. I believe that is considered price gouging anyway. There are ways to get into Disney without paying for parking such as at Downtown Disney. Perhaps I'm just spoiled with going to such places as Knoebel Grove Amusement Park in Elysburg, Pa. There is never any charge for parking. There is no fee to enter the park. You pay for the rides you ride. The shows are free. The food prices are not outrageous. If you haven't been there then you should go.

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I just saw a "behind the scenes" show on Disney where they were bragging about the company's excellent customer service.

If you have good service, you will tell a few people. If you have bad service, you will tell everyone you know.

[​IMG]

8. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Not that I condone what they did but at least they returned her email. That's more than I got back from Dennys restaurant after finding a shard of glass in a pancake.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Please note: Margaritaville is owned by Universal, not Disney. Downtown Disney parking is free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by