Poor chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 3, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok my chicks must think they signed up for the wrong vacation package. Yesterday they ran out of water, <it had got tilted and ran out>.
    Today I shut my door but forgot to put the second gate up , I hear a frantic peep and a small crash go running into the bed room theres the cat the brooders knocked over there are frantic chicks running in all derections and my cat was just getting ready to nab a RIR. [​IMG]
    Needless to say I was very unhappy with the cat [​IMG]
    I checked everyone over no one has apernt injuries no blood no limping no nothing but Ill keep and eye on them.

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    BAD CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (kick) good cat

3. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    They may have a few bad dreams, but they will be fine! I am sure with all the love they will get in the future, they won't remember their traumatic childhood:jumpy

4. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Im gonna have to be more carefull , My cat like most cats can not stand a closed door , if he is in he wants out and if he is out he wants in , he knows how to open that door , it has a lose latch so he just has to wiggle the nob a tiny bit so I have to put up two baby gates on top of eatch other .

5. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    This all happens glad the chicks are all ok

6. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Thank You..
    How does Adventures in chick sitting go for you all ?

7. clhbubba

clhbubba Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Oklahoma
    I have to tell you mine must be on the same vacation. Yesterday I took the waterer out to refill, left it out, also left the lid off their enclosure and left a cat in the store room where they are. They were out of water from 6:30am until 7:00pm. They were alright, but thirsty. The cat, thank the Lord, had no interest in them what so ever!!(how lucky is that) I still had 15 week old chicks! Must be something in the air affecting us 'parents'!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by