Poor DH!!! lol!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mandylovespets, Jun 5, 2008.

1. mandylovespets

mandylovespets Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    I just thought I would share something I find to be sooo funny!!! Well I absolutely love all of my animals to death, but my ducks and chicks are sooo spoiled!!! I love giving them treats and once in a while I will make them scrambled eggs, which they devour in like 10 seconds!!! And the other day I had something cooking on the stove and DH says, "what are you making for dinner?" and I just kind of had a moment of silence! Cat got my tounge [​IMG]!!! And I said, "well I'm making some oatmeal for the babies (the chicks and ducks)..." And DH says, "gosh they eat better than I do, I come home from work and they get dinner first!!!" Poor DH!!! He was totally joking, but I did feel bad though because I didn't even think of it that way! I was just so excited to give my babies a treat for the evening lol!!! So, funny as it may sound, I ended up making chicken for dinner!!!... But not mine! [​IMG] Mine are pets!!! [​IMG]

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] That is too cute!!! Sounds way too much like something that would happen in my house. Poor hubbies. [​IMG]

3. mandylovespets

mandylovespets Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Yeah I'm sooo very lucky that he respects my unconditional love for animals and he has grown to really love them too! He has a great sense of humor about it!

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Same here. [​IMG] It's so funny the looks you get when you say something about the chicks. [​IMG]

5. backintime

backintime Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Northern Wisconsin
    After work I went out to check on my chicks who just moved into their new coop. My husband suddenly appeared next to me with a glass of wine for me. He understands!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by