poor feathers?!

kseeley18

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2016
I bought staightrun ducks back in May which is fine but 4 of the 6 ended up being male so I recently found some ducks on Craigslist all females for sale so I jumped at the chance to get them. I'm concerned about their feathers maybe it was their living condition but I'm almost certain the youngest has angel wing. I'm posting pictures. Any suggestions they're a little under a year old so I'm told and the girl with angel wing is 10 weeks.

Angel wing is caused by too much protein as a duckling or a calcium overdose (more likely). It's probably too late at this point to bind it, but you can try to "readjust" it back into place. What breeds are the ducks?
Someone selling all females in somewhat supsicious, but you can promote better feather quality by feeding cat kibbles during the molt. Also give them bathing or swimming water and a wholesome diet.

Angel wing is caused by too much protein as a duckling or a calcium overdose (more likely). It's probably too late at this point to bind it, but you can try to "readjust" it back into place. What breeds are the ducks?
Someone selling all females in somewhat supsicious, but you can promote better feather quality by feeding cat kibbles during the molt. Also give them bathing or swimming water and a wholesome diet.
I do find it also suspicious, but they are all indeed females they just decided they didn't want to do the "duck thing" anymore and rehome their chickens as well. They are swedish blue and the one with angel wing is only 10 weeks. I'm not sure why this won't let me post pictures because I took a bunch.

This girl has quite ratty looking feathers to me. My ducks I bought straight run have gorgeous feathers. So I've been comparing the ducks.

Back
Top Bottom