Poor Freddy

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tiki244, Aug 18, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I dont think he is ever going to forgive me. First of all I lanced his feet because of bumblefoot. Then the other day he was standing by a cage of cockerals and I was right there and the door fell off and hit him. Then tonight I stood on his tail feathers by accident and 2 got pulled out.

I dont think he will ever trust me again. Poor guy. [​IMG] And the neighbor dont like the sight of him so he has been in the house for the last two days. But I snuck him out for 1/2 hour today. [​IMG]

2. Weewanona

Weewanona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Wilburton, OK
    Talk about a tri-fecta...........[​IMG]

What's the story with the neighbor??

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] Ha ha ha the neighbor cant smell the chickens, cant hear them, nothing, he just dont like them. He thinks he is going to get the avian flu [​IMG]

4. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Oh no!!! Sounds like my Silver Sebright rooster! I bought him from a guy along with a SS hen. Got them home and left them in a small isolation cage under a tarp with a hole in it! It rained, he got aspiration pneumonia and almost died. After me giving him shots for a week, he recovered fully and then when he and the hen were able to be moved to their personal 8*8 run a hawk got her!!!!!! So he was stuck again, gave him a Buff Brahma hen til I could get a new hen and he scared he to death, took her out and put one of my other hens (a RIR hen) in there and she chased him everywhere. He was terrified! So nowh e doesn't even like for me to come toward him, HE RUNS NOW! Though I did get him a new Golden Sebright hen, he still doesn't care for me.

5. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    Poor guy... Show him extra love and he'll come back around!

As for the neighbor... Tell him the day he pays your property taxes is the day in which he has a say so over your flock - avian flu - or not - [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Poor guy maybe he will come around too with TLC

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:yeah in time,,,,chickens are so forgiving and docile creatures,,,,,,,another thing about Freddy,,,,he Loves baby chicks,,,,the hens will try and beat them up but Freddy is so intrigued by them. He went into the brooder one day to be with them. He just watches them. He is so sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by