Poor kid (and his family) :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fourgirlsoneboy, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    a real tradgedy.
    truly sad.

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Shame this kiddo felt so little confidence in the system that he didn't seek help from the teachers/staff... and a shame the family didn't get in touch with the school/district before it got this bad... That poor family.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

At risk of offending someone, I need to state that we have a member here whose own child killed herself about 18 months ago. I am requesting that people be careful what they say. I would hate for her hurt to start all over again.

That being said, this is about the 5th child I have read about lately handling bullying this way. VERY tragic.

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I have dealt with bullying when my kids were in K and 2nd grade in public school.School did not help at all. They are now in 5th and 3rd in a private school and I talked about these deaths. I ask them to please come to me for help. I just hope I can actually help. It is scary that kids younger and younger are making this choice,and sometimes you really can not stop it.

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    my own brother died this way, it doesn't get easier. one word of warning, when the person stops talking about "the issue" that's when it gets much more dangerous. that is when my brother had made the decision and started planning. the weekend prior, he was all smiles, happy because he had made peace with his decision, the next day he was gone. so if you think the problem is resolved, be very aware that maybe they are now hiding the problem.

7. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:I lost my brother to suicide, also. [​IMG]

8. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Both of our girls were bullied in public school. We've taken them both out and DW is homeschooling them now they are doing much better now that they are not in the govt run daycare anymore.

9. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Most schools do not take bullying seriously. We have been dealing with it on some level for the last 11 years. Our school does nothing despite having a bullying policy in place. Just recently 2 girls were bullying 3 other girls. Each girl went separately to the administration for help. Nothing happened. Finally a mother called the police because it had escalated to cyber-bullying. Finally the school is doing something about it. I don't understand how a school can allow things to go on once it is brought to their attention. It saddens me that children have so little faith in their school's staff to help them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by