Poor lacing or blue? Barnevelder

nuthatched

Orneriness & Co.
Premium Feather Member
Nov 9, 2019
God's Country, Az
Hi there, I have a Barnevelder that has gray-brown feathers with little lacing, is she a blue or poor lacing or both. I don't mind either way, she's pretty in the light, she has a purple-pink sheen to her body and bottle green to her hackles. First three pictures are her and last one is my other Barnevelder with the expected lacing. * my camera on my phone is broken so the pictures are hazy. 20220809_102842.jpg 20220809_103241.jpg 20220809_103057.jpg 20220809_102937.jpg

My blue laced looks exactly like your second and my black laced ones, just blue. It’s a single laced and I have both single and double laced in black. None look like the first 😕

I don't know if it's the haziness of the pictures, but she doesn't look blue at all to me. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was a black sexlink or some other kind of mix, not a Barnevelder. She has some really bad lacing if she's pure. Pretty in her own right, but definitely not great for a Barnevelder. :hmm Where did you get her?

I don't know if it's the haziness of the pictures, but she doesn't look blue at all to me. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was a black sexlink or some other kind of mix, not a Barnevelder. She has some really bad lacing if she's pure. Pretty in her own right, but definitely not great for a Barnevelder. :hmm Where did you get her?
I got her from Mt. Healthy. She looked like a Barnevelder as a chick but now I'm wondering if she even is is one. I got an extra chick in my order, which I assumed was one of the sussex but this one looks so different. Do you think she's a poor Barnevelders or another breed?
The pictures are hazy because my camera is cracked but I just got my new phone and I'll take some pictures with that. 20220802_174612.jpg 20220802_174614.jpg

Honestly, from those closeups and looking through Mt Healthy's catalog, I'd say she's a poorly laced Barnevelder, which from a hatchery isn't unheard of. The only other things I'm seeing in their catalog that she could possibly be are a Black Star (black sexlink) or maybe an Olive-egger as it looks like theirs have single combs and no crest.

@TheOddOneOut @Overo Mare and @Rhodebar Lover are generally better than me at puzzling these sorts of things out, let's see if that have any insight.

Honestly, from those closeups and looking through Mt Healthy's catalog, I'd say she's a poorly laced Barnevelder, which from a hatchery isn't unheard of. The only other things I'm seeing in their catalog that she could possibly be are a Black Star (black sexlink) or maybe an Olive-egger as it looks like theirs have single combs and no crest.

@TheOddOneOut @Overo Mare and @Rhodebar Lover are generally better than me at puzzling these sorts of things out, let's see if that have any insight.
I agree that she looks like a Barnie with poor lacing.

Back
Top Bottom