POOR lil Gosling

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by runamuck, Apr 24, 2009.

1. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    Was checking the nest tonight due to well....They are due to hatch anytime and was greeted by a smushed egg with some blood on the shell and I thought "poor thing almost made it.... "I picked it up and it PEEPED.... Its alive and holding its own for now in the incubatior. For how smushed the egg is there is not alot of blood and she ( its an emblem so I can tell) still needs to absorb the yoke... I wrapped the egg in damp paper towel so she does't dry out and we wait.... Hopefully she makes it . Send her some good vibes everyone...
    Allie

2. Deedee

Deedee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    I am sending Great Big Positive Vibes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Aww poor baby [​IMG] Hope she makes it. Sending vibes..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  4. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Be _really_ careful. I tried that with some of my eggs to increase the humidity and had a fan in the incubator. The fan cooled the towels and, in turn, chilled the babies. I was crushed.

Good luck with your baby [​IMG]

5. runamuck

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    Well lil girl is still with us!!!! And peeping strongly so she is busy asorbing the yoke!!!! I now get mommy greeting when she sees me ..... [​IMG] Haven't been out today to check on the mama geese due to it raining and thundering like crazy right now .. I"M hoping she will be out of the eggs by this evening
    Thanks for the good thoughs she needs em

6. JStark

JStark Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2009
    Good luck and God bless.

7. runamuck

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    She is still with us.... out of the egg and weak... Got yoke asorbed but go to frisky about leaving the egg and didn't get all the blood so shes weak ... Gave her a drink and she drank some sooooo tommorow will tell us if she will make it ...
    Allie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by