Poor little Ari, our EE..freak accident

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WIChookchick, Sep 8, 2010.

1. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I got a call last night from where I keep my chickens, the barn owner, Joan came in to tuck the chickens in for the night around 6:30 or so.. and she found Ari, one of our new young hens...
    hanging by a tip of a nail on the old nest box row we have been using for the past year or so.
    It seems she was trying to get on top of it, although the roof is sloped, and slipped, but caught herself under her beak/neck area..
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    We only had her home about 2 weeks.
    We have removed the nest box and will look over every inch of it before putting it back in and make sure any thing protruding is gone..
    BUT...
    sigh..
    Carol

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So sorry to hear this.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OH....there there.....these things happen......[​IMG]

4. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Poor Darlen,.. it's not your fault.
    We're so sorry,..
    [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:X2 - [​IMG]

6. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Poor baby. Those freak things do happen though. I have a little oegb hen that tried to go under the chain link dog run and got her wing skewered on the one of the bent under wires. Poor baby...who knows how long she was stuck like that before I found her when I went to shut up the coop that night. It all turned out okay but if she would have been there till morning she probably wouldn't have been.

7. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Awwwww dont be sad :'( I'll but she is much happer in chicken heaven than anywhere shes ever been. Thats okay she is living a better life now [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by