Poor little lone chick

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens, Mar 28, 2009.

1. happyhens

happyhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    KY
    Only one chick (a barred Rock) hatched, I started with 41 eggs but due to spikes to 106*F and then going down to 92* a lot of them died. I'm not really surprised but I'm still disappointed. What can I do for the poor little lonely chick? There is another bunch of eggs in a different bator due next weekend, can I put them in the same brooder as this one, assuming any of them hatch? I do feel a little more optimistic about those eggs, that bator has held very steady and most of the eggs I have candled are definately growing.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:give him a teddy bear or something to cuddle with. And yes you can put them together. My 3 weekers are in with my 1 weekers

[​IMG]

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I put a small stuffed toy in there when I had a lonely chick. It liked to cuddle up next to it. A few days later I had a hatch in my other 'bator and I put those chicks with it and made sure it didn't pick on them too much.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I have a lone chick too and boy is he / she loud. I have a teddy bear in there as I coudnt find a feather duster. I am going to try to put that chick with the ones that are due to hatch monday. Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by