Poor lonely one!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Morgan7782, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I went to my local feedstore today to get some grower, grit for the indoor batch, and a few treats here and there. I had to of course look at what chicks were left over from last Thursday's shipment. There were some of my favorite breeds, but in one of the bins there was ONLY ONE LITTLE CHICK! It looked so sad!! I almost cried, and definately almost took it home. I didn't even see if it was a rooster or pullet bin, but I didn't care. It was all alone in the big brooder!

Darn myself, RIGHT before we got to the feed store I had turned to my friend and said VERY seriously, "Do not, WHATSOEVER, let me get ANY chicks!" I made her swear.. I have a few pullets outside in the coop, plus four more 9 week olds inside the house brooder (quarantine they are new). Plus I still have to rehome 2 of my Wyandotte pullets. So I was very serious when I told her this.

Little did I know there would be one lonely chick!! My friend is an animal lover, but she gently pulled me away and kept changing the conversation to what feed I was buying. Good friend (I guess lol!) but I felt bad. So.. Anybody in Sacramento area there is one lonely chick, I think a jersey black giant pullet, at Bradshaw Feed.

I am an enabler... ::hangs head:: [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    aww how sad...wish I was closer! It would have been very hard for me to walk away too. [​IMG]

3. CathyRN

CathyRN Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2010
    Sevier County, TN
    Oh man thats tough......I would have brought the thing home.......its gonna haunt you all day and night now. So you gotta go back tomorrow and get it....if God is putting this on your heart, that means the little chick was meant to be yours and its still waiting for it's "mama" to come pick him/her up !!! So promise us that you're gonna get it because its breaking ALL of our hearts now ! I betcha that was your soulmate chick !!! LOL !!!! Seriously.....go back.

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Oh gosh I wish I could!!! BELIEVE ME! But I have nowhere to put it and only have room for 4 hens, I have 6 already now! I feel so bad but hopefully somebody who has room will come along. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by