1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poor man's chickens have been poisoned. *video*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willkatdawson, Jul 7, 2011.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Andrew is a neighbor a couple counties over from me, but I have known him from the chicken community for some time now. Poor man had someone enter his property, let out his chickens and feed them poison. What is the world coming to?

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/28478394/index.html

2. That's sad to read.
    I have a friend here who has had her poultry and goats tormented and tortured by her neighbors. It's been an ongoing situation for years.
    Just sad.

3. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    That's sort of the same situation with Andrew. He has fought and won to keep his chickens. Georgia's former Governor George Barnes represented Andrew for free in the case the City Of Roswell brought against him for having chickens. Andrew won, and now a neighbor has done this. Andrew says he knows who it was, and he feels really guilty for announcing of Facebook that he would be away from home that evening at a local political meeting for Herman Cain 2012.

4. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I can send him a couple dozen fertile eggs - of course at no charge.

Right now I have EE's, but I will soon have Buff Orps as well.

Poor guy. That's just awful.

5. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Quote:You are so thoughtful Kelly. His name is Andrew S. Wordes, and he's on facebook. I'm sure your kind offer would lend him support even if he is not readdy to add more to his flock. I don't think he lost all of them, but as of today, they are still dying. He's completely heartbroken. Having a friend like you would be a wonderful support for him. He needs all the chicken loving family he can get right now.

6. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I just sent him a PM on FB. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what his reply is.

7. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

So sad. Some people [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    No doubt. I had a fox or coyote come and take one of my hens a couple weeks ago and I grieved and felt so violated. I can't imagine what he must be going through knowing someone intentionally killed his chickens for no other reason than they just didn't like Andrew or his chickens.

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's disturbing.

Very sad for Andrew.

Imp

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

That is just horrible................ [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by