Poor Man's Incubator, Take Two

Cherlyn

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Alconbury, England
Really, this time around, it will just be used as a hatcher. I have four staggered hatches in two incubators right now (Covatutto 7 and R-Com 20 Pro), and needed to quickly build another 'bator so I can hatch out everything. Hence the Poor Man's 'bator, take two.

23594_img_3994.jpg

23594_img_3993.jpg

23594_img_4009.jpg

Ignore the temp... just hooked this all up so it is still stabilizing. I have a few heat sinks by way of baby food jars filled with sand. I have a water wiggler, a thermohygrometer, a thermostat hooked up to a 40W light bulb, a 50 pence piece for size comparison, and a weekly medicine container for my water.

~Cherlyn

oh, i see.
big_smile.png

that's a great incubator.
thumbsup.gif

maybe the *problem* is the bator is misplaced, you may put it to undiscoverable and unreachable by children.

and that's your kid? he's handsome
smile.png

and i love the mini and slim design speaker than active big speaker like mine.
big_smile.png

by the way, may i know what thermo/hygro meter that you think is better in quality/accuracy but not too expensive? i can't get cheaper than US$ 40 in here when i see only $1 on e bay.
roll.png
very expensive thing in my country.

Hi Mulia,

Not sure about US brands... I live in the UK. Here, Komodo is a great brand. Anyone have any suggestions for stateside brands?

The younger kiddo cannot reach it because I have some things blocking his way. The other kiddo is 4 and knows not to touch mommy's incubator.
big_smile.png

Yeah, these speakers are excellent!

~Cherlyn

oh, UK ( i just being remembered to harry potter and JK rowling), and how much komodo's price over there? i'm sure you are using poundsterling not USD.
smile.png

oh that's good for him to understand it, as for me i print an A4 paper write big warning to not touch my bator at all cost.
smile.png

and, i use TFA thermohygro and that is unreliable thermohygro cause the digital and analog even have problem although being made by same factory. TFA is made in germany.

than you cherlyn
smile.png

About £4 each, I would guess, is how much I pay.

Yep, I put notes on my 'bators as well, saying "NO TOUCHY!" LOL

You are welcome.

~Cherlyn

Back
Top Bottom