Poor Man's Incubator, Take Two

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cherlyn, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Really, this time around, it will just be used as a hatcher. I have four staggered hatches in two incubators right now (Covatutto 7 and R-Com 20 Pro), and needed to quickly build another 'bator so I can hatch out everything. Hence the Poor Man's 'bator, take two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ignore the temp... just hooked this all up so it is still stabilizing. I have a few heat sinks by way of baby food jars filled with sand. I have a water wiggler, a thermohygrometer, a thermostat hooked up to a 40W light bulb, a 50 pence piece for size comparison, and a weekly medicine container for my water.

~Cherlyn

2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

then, what's the problem cherlyn? i'm sorry if i can't catch it quickly, i just don't understand simple explanation. [​IMG]

3. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    [​IMG]

No problem... just posting incubator pics. [​IMG]

~Cherlyn

4. mulia24

oh, i see. [​IMG]

that's a great incubator. [​IMG]

maybe the *problem* is the bator is misplaced, you may put it to undiscoverable and unreachable by children.

and that's your kid? he's handsome [​IMG]

and i love the mini and slim design speaker than active big speaker like mine. [​IMG]

by the way, may i know what thermo/hygro meter that you think is better in quality/accuracy but not too expensive? i can't get cheaper than US$ 40 in here when i see only $1 on e bay. [​IMG] very expensive thing in my country.

5. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Hi Mulia,

Not sure about US brands... I live in the UK. Here, Komodo is a great brand. Anyone have any suggestions for stateside brands?

The younger kiddo cannot reach it because I have some things blocking his way. The other kiddo is 4 and knows not to touch mommy's incubator. [​IMG]

Yeah, these speakers are excellent!

~Cherlyn

6. mulia24

oh, UK ( i just being remembered to harry potter and JK rowling), and how much komodo's price over there? i'm sure you are using poundsterling not USD. [​IMG]

oh that's good for him to understand it, as for me i print an A4 paper write big warning to not touch my bator at all cost. [​IMG]

and, i use TFA thermohygro and that is unreliable thermohygro cause the digital and analog even have problem although being made by same factory. TFA is made in germany.

than you cherlyn [​IMG]

7. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    About £4 each, I would guess, is how much I pay.

Yep, I put notes on my 'bators as well, saying "NO TOUCHY!" LOL

You are welcome.

~Cherlyn

8. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    Ahhh, I do see a problem with your bator!!!!!

ITS NOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE COMPUTER FOR BYC CONTACT!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:[​IMG]

~Cherlyn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by