Poor Pudster, the chickens attacked him for his fish!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jun 23, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My poor Pudster, the outside cat who moved in and protects my feathered children,,, he was attacked a few minutes ago and is now hiding in the top of a large tree. I cooked catfish for lunch and had a huge piece left over that I cut up and set out for him on the front stoop.
    I scratched his little grey ears,, patted his tummy and walked back in thinking I had done something nice for my furry buddy. Wrong!
    About 5 seconds after I closed the door I heard a horrible racket on the porch and ran back. Pudster was being flogged by Cogburn while the others grabbed his fish and ran. Puddy got away and ran up the tree to get away and the chickens all went nuts chasing each other for the fish pieces.
    I went back and got the rest of my own fish and put it on top of a tall ladder next to the tree in hopes of bribing him down, but I think he has now sworn off his favorite food snack.
    I didn't know chickens liked fish!

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

too funny! [​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I just went outside to see if Puddy ate the fish and caught Wooster and Show Off up on the ladder finishing it off. I think Puddy was considering chicken for lunch right about then.

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Chickens do indeed love fish.
    After Thanksgiving I gave my cat some leftover turkey. The chickens stole it from her! She gave me this look. [​IMG]
    Sometimes I think the 'bowling for chickens' game she plays is out of spite!

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Steven just told me that he's been putting Puddy's food under the house where the chickens can't get to him. They like his canned cat food.

6. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    i taught i taw a puddy tat. i did! i did!

7. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    poor puddy

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    He had his dinner under the house tonight, chicken and rice. To the best of my knowledge he had no "dining" companions!

9. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Lol, that is funny. Mine will eat almost anything. I think they'd eat us if we would fit in their crop.

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:Oh yeah,,, now I'm not gonna sleep tonight! LOL,, I just discovered mine will eat anything at all, and there is 29 of them and one of me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by