Poor TSC Babies Chambersburg, PA

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rejoicing, Apr 24, 2009.

1. rejoicing

rejoicing New Egg

Apr 13, 2009
    Our TSC was so overcrowded, and the heat lamps weren't warm enough for them...they were all over each other, and there were so many who couldn't stand up. They were filthy, their tubs REAKED! and all the little grey banties' legs were splaying out all over the place. We counted at least 8-9 of them that couldn't even stand. The Banties were SOOOO tiny and sweet. We wanted to rescue them all, but we couldn't. If any one is in the Chambersburg PA area, PLEASE go rescue some babies!!! They are down to 50-75c and I'm sure you could get injured leg ones for free... They had gorgeous grey, white, black black with yellow faces, black w. white spots, RIR, Red SL, and WL's...Oh and ducks too.

2. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats sad. I've had to go tell them to water the ducks before because there water was dry. Ducks don't do well without water. Are TSC is done with chick days now. I don't think they worry to much about them because people buy them pretty quickly around here anyway.

3. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    I was in our TSC yesterday to get feed, which they were waiting on a truck so was back again today. Well yesterday there was a couple dead chicks in the brooders, 1 being in the waterer. I had to tell them they had dead ones. Another customer went to pick up a chick as she thought it was stuck between the brooder and the water but it was also dead. Today when I went in, some of their chicks were jumping out of the brooders as they were the short water troughs. I am going to assume that today some will die from getting run over from walking feet or rolling carts.

4. Kezzie

Kezzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Coastal Georgia
    Somebody please take a moment and call the Humane Society if you see this at your local feed stores! That kind of treatment and neglect of any animal is criminal. If TSC doesn't have the trained staff or the facilities to properly care for livestock, they shouldn't carry them.

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:This is a good point & should be applied any time you see animals held in inhumane conditions.

6. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Our TSC is located next door to the humane society. Literally next door!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by