Poorly Baby

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Maddys mum, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Maddys mum

Maddys mum New Egg

Sep 17, 2012
    Hello, I wonder if anyone has any ideas to help my poorly girl please, she is 24 weeks old, a cou cou marans, I have had her since she was 10 weeks old. Has been fit and well until just over two weeks ago, when I noticed she became very lethargic, keeping herself to herself she steadily went down hill, looked almost like she was going broody, just sitting on a bush most of the day, she felt very warm, so off to the vet two weeks ago, vet said she had high temp given trimacare AB to put into her water, but not drinking so under advice from vet diluted to syringe into her. After a few days she seemed to pick up, finished the AB after a week, but a few days later started to fail again, drinking but not eating, crop very watery last Thursday but empty Friday morning. Friday evening crop again very full and watery, when massaged Sat am clear fluid came out this has not filled again. Saturday kept appt with vet, given Tylan to syringe in. Not eating or drinking, given sugar water by syringe. Yesterday mixed olive oil, pellets and sugar to liquid paste and syringing into her. There is no sneezing, coughing, paralysis. Pooing very white liquid poos. What else can I do for her, she is so sad. Not laid yet and comb and wattles not really developed. Thank you for reading

2. JHorn91180

JHorn91180 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Northeast KY
    I would suggest worming her. Maybe she has a very large worm or parisite load which would account for loss of appetite and being lethargic. Call your vet and ask what would b the best wormer.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I would use safeguard either goat liquid wormer or horse paste.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by