Poorly

Julie130384

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2021
Hi there I am new here I have baby quails I lost one I don’t know why but now I have another quail going down hill can any bony help me as I have a third that is going the same way first there start limping on one leg then the other leg hose and now closed eye please please help I don’t know what to do I have put some bids on. thank you julie

Attachments

• DD6F54AA-F442-43C6-998D-D775E6A6BA53.jpeg
    DD6F54AA-F442-43C6-998D-D775E6A6BA53.jpeg
    777.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 69912F48-9379-4A8E-A471-1518FEE1C5FD.jpeg
    69912F48-9379-4A8E-A471-1518FEE1C5FD.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 6
I don’t know about quail but can you also add for others to help:
-their age
-what they eat
-are they eating and drinking
-how long since the first one was sick
-are they pooping (looks like they are)

Hi there I am new here I have baby quails I lost one I don’t know why but now I have another quail going down hill can any bony help me as I have a third that is going the same way first there start limping on one leg then the other leg hose and now closed eye please please help I don’t know what to do I have put some bids on. thank you julie
Can you get a picture of their whole brooder set up?
I can when I get home it’s just a plastic box with a light my other 7 quails outside grown fine

What are you feeding them? What is the temperature in the brooder, and do they have a warm and a cool side?
Yes there have a warm and cool sides in the warm side I aim for 29/30c there tell me if there warm or cold lol I am feeding them on quail crumb

Yes there have a warm and cool sides in the warm side I aim for 29/30c there tell me if there warm or cold lol I am feeding them on quail crumb
Your temperature is low for newly hatched quail.

The feed question is important. Quail chicks need 28-30% protein in their diet. If they're not getting proper nutrition they will have these kinds of symptoms too.

Some of the crumbles may be too big for them to eat. I put them through a coffee grinder for the first 2 weeks after hatching.

I just looked up what 29/30 c is and that's 86 Fahrenheit. You should be shooting 35c. I typically go for 95 to 99f for the first week.
I have all way done it this way why would that Affect its ability to walk eyes closed I’m just generally unwell

Back
Top Bottom